UNITED METHODIST COMMITTEE ON RELIEF
UMCOR HYGIENE KITS
Our United Methodist Women here at Crews are taking part in providing basic necessities to people who have been forced to leave their homes because of human conflict or natural disaster. Hygiene kits are also used as learning tools in personal hygiene, literacy, nutrition, and cooking classes.
If you would like to help with this project by donating an item(s) that could help those who are in dire need please see the list below. **Read it carefully as they can only send certain items with restrictions that go into other countries.
Our United Methodist Women’s group will do all the packing.** If you wish to help by providing an item(s) just bring them by the church or call the office (336-723-0237) and we will come pick it up.
HYGIENE KIT MATERIALS NEEDED
- One hand towel (15x25 – 17 x 27 inches) No kitchen, cleaning, or microfiber towels
- One washcloth – *No kitchen, cleaning, or microfiber cloths
- One comb - Must be sturdy with at least 6 inches of teeth
- No pocket combs or picks, Rattail and combs without handles are acceptable but must be at least 6” of teeth
- One toenail or fingernail clipper – No emery boards or metal nail files
- Bath-size soap (3 oz. bar or larger) – No Ivory or Jergen’s soap. Do not remove from packaging.
- One adult toothbrush – Do not remove from packaging, Personal advertising not acceptable.
- 10 adhesive bandages (3/4 by 3 inches) Common household bandages acceptable
- 1 one-gallon size re-sealable bag
- All items must be new.
- Do not wash any of the items as they will no longer be considered new.
- Do not include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits.
- Contents of kits or the containers of kits should not be imprinted with cartoon characters, advertisements, religious, patriotic, military or camouflage symbols.